Looking for more ways to freshen up your diet with seafood? Whether it’s for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacks, seafood fits into your meal plan with speed and lots of bonus nutritional benefits. Here’s another great idea to add to your seafood repertoire!
Fill up and stay alert at lunchtime with shellfish
Did you know that the protein in shellfish is one of the easiest proteins to digest, because it lacks connective tissue? That means it’s perfect for a light but filling lunch – enough to make you feel full all afternoon, but without making you feel like you need a nap!
Shellfish at lunch doesn’t have to mean taking a long time out from work, too. For a quick and easy lunch, try this Shrimp and Salsa Salad that can be ready to eat in just 15 minutes:
- Pick up 5-6 ready-to-eat cocktail shrimp from our market, and toss them in a bowl
- Chop 1-2 mini cucumbers into circles and throw them in
- Chop a handful of grape tomatoes in half and toss them in too
- Add about a quarter of a sliced red onion if you like a little bite to your salsa
- Squirt in a couple tablespoons of lime juice, a handful of fresh chopped cilantro, and sprinkle with fresh pepper
That’s it! Let it sit together in the fridge for a bit if you can to let the flavours blend, but it’s tasty if you eat it right away too. Serve it up on a bed of your favourite lettuce, and try adding a handful of corn chips on the side to round out your lunch. Bon appetit!