Heat & Eat Paella!
Thanks for inviting us to dinner!
Eating in about an hour? Let’s get started.
What’s in your Bag?
- Partially cooked Paella Rice that includes: cooked Chicken & Chorizo Sausage
- Fresh Mussels
- Wild Pacific Cod
- Wild Argentine Shrimp
- Seasoning Pack
- Fresh Spinach and Roasted Shallot Vinaigrette
- Dulce de Leche Brulee
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Medium size mixing bowls
- Measuring cup
- Pair of tongs
- Oven mitts
- Medium size baking sheet
- Remove your dinner items from the bag.
- Place your Dulce de Leche Brulees, Spinach, Vinaigrette, and Fresh Mussels in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
- Place the rack in the middle of the oven and set the oven to 375 degrees.
- Turn on “regular bake” not convection.
- Blend the Seasoning Pack with a 500ml of water.
- Add the Seasoning Pack liquid to the Paella mixture.
- Add the Shrimp and the Cod to the Paella mix. Make sure to set them into the mixture, almost covered by liquid.
- Reserve the Mussels for the next step.
- Place the Paella on the middle rack in the oven & set your timer for 35 minute.
- After 35 minutes, remove the Paella from the oven.
- Careful it’s hot! Please use oven mitts to move the pan.
Add the Mussels to the Paella dish, sinking the Mussels lengthwise half way into the rice.
- Return the Paella to the oven and set your timer for 20 minutes
- After the 20 minute timer is up, remove your Paella from the oven. Carefull it’s hot. Let the Paella rest for 10 minutes.
- While the Paella rests, dress the prepared spinach with the roasted shallot vinaigrette.
- Your Paella is now ready to serve. Chef Ben suggests serving the Paella on top of the dressed greens.
Time for Dessert!
- Set the oven to broil.
- Sprinkle the contents of the sugar packs onto the top of the custard evenly.
- Place the custard onto a baking sheet.
- Adjust the top oven rack approximately 6 inches from the broiler.
- Watch the sugar brown until your desired doneness, being careful not to let it burn.
- Allow the melted sugar to cool and harden then enjoy.